Tonight when JJ curled up with me to say goodnight, we chatted for a bit about her very quickly approaching birthday. The big 06. Whoa. Better start looking into retirement homes. Fortunately, 6 years is enough time to forget the "adventure" of her birth and it was fun telling her all about it. I think her favorite part was when I threw up on Sarah. My favorite part was the epidural. I think Matthew's favorite part was the conception. Oddly enough, this is exactly the time 6 years ago that labour started. True, she wasn't born for 2 more days ... 40 hours of labour. This is often my argument when I want some affection from her. "40 hours of labour ... that's why you're going to come over here and let your mama kiss you." So, 6 years ago we were sitting at Swiss Chalet when the adventure that is JJ began ... Feels like a lifetime ago. So ... I would like to invite you to share the story of the first time you met JJ or heard of her birth and what you thought ... or maybe just an early memory. For some of you, it will be day 1 ... for some it will be recently. I want to read them to her for her birthday. The other night I came into her room late at night as the tears came down her cheeks and she told me she didn't know what was special about her. I'd like to show her.
JJ, the first time I met you, you were flopped on my belly. I looked at my midwife and asked, "is she mine?" Misty laughed and said, "yes" ... considering you were still attached to me. It was hard to believe even though you were the spitting image of your daddy. I can still remember that feeling of you resting on me. I held you against me like I was holding onto a football during the Superbowl. I was definitely a new mommy. You were strong and beautiful and you had a head shaped like a cone. You looked so much like daddy we thought we should keep you. :)
 |
| Here she is ... all 8bs 9 oz of her |
 |
| We really liked her |
 |
| then she tried to eat me |
 |
| Hallelujah |
 |
| She got a lot cuter when the pain started to go away ... a week later |
 |
| Looking all Dickey |
 |
| 6 days old at Uncle Aaron's wedding ... youngest guest |
Starlight first met you when you were just a little girl and used to play in the nursery at church. You always made me feel special when you would run in with a huge smile and give hugs to everyone in the room. You made me laugh when it was time for snack and you would get so excited that you would start to shake! You are still a very funny little girl (well not so little any more, 6 is old!)and you make people smile and giggle and that is a very special talent. I hope you have a special birthday filled with lots of fun and cake! Love, Starlight. Ps: Next time you feel sad, remember: You are a special little girl who is good at making people giggle. Keep smiling.
ReplyDeleteI have never met you JJ but I know your mama and daddy from school. They are really special people and God gave them a super special little girl when he gave them YOU!
ReplyDeleteI am a first born just like you and do you know what is super special about that? You get to be the first to do stuff and then teach your little sister how to do it, you get to look out for her and be someone she gets to look up to. That is a super big and important job and I can already see you do a great job at it!!
Whenever you are feeling down just remember that God doesn't make mistakes and he made you so... you are perfect!
Happy 6th Birthday!
Anne
Dear JJ,
ReplyDeleteI haven't met you or your daddy but your Mama used to babysit me and it's hard to believe she can already have such an amazing and beautiful six year old as yourself.
The first time I heard about you was when I found your Mama online last year since I've moved away to the Prairies to be a student and had stopped talking to her. I went to her page and there were all these pictures of a little blonde haired girl, dressed up, playing outside, or investigated all things Chinese. I had a hard paper to write for school but took some time to look through the pictures.
Even though I've never met you J.J. you made my day brighter and helped me finish my paper with a smile as I watched your adventures and saw a little girl so full of life, enthusiasm, and love. Your family is very blessed to have you.
Hope you have an awesome 6th J.J
Blessings on you.