We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Kay, Katie, Katelyn




 
Kay,

I write this for you and I write this for me.  It’s been an interesting year.  We’ve asked a lot of you.  I know you don’t like to learn new things or have things changed on you, but we do it for you.  It’s amazing how much you grow when you start to understand new things.  I can’t believe how much you have grown over this past year.  I’ve seen you go from hardly acknowledging us to looking right in our eyes and saying, “Mama and Dada”.  Please know, that whatever this life offers you, you are an amazing person with the potential to do anything.  Never let anyone tell you less.  You are who God wanted you to be.  Your name means “pure and consecrated to God”.  You are the very best there is.  I sat by your crib last night as you were getting sleepy.  I poured my heart out to you.  I have no idea if you understood a word I was saying, but the way you sat up and listened made me feel so loved.  You warmed my heart as you said, “nite nite nite” and lay down.  I loved hearing the little snores that followed.  You did that.  You made me feel loved.  I hope we can make you feel just as loved. 

~Mama



No comments:

Post a Comment