With all these new babies coming it's got me thinking about my own story about my two little bundles. I can't believe how much I've already forgotten! This entry is about JJ. I don't intend to be graphic, but it is a birthing story so I will put up a sensor warning.
JJ was born on her actual due date, but labour started two days before. She was my marathon baby. Two sleepless nights and 2 hours of intense pushing. I have no idea how I did it since I now get grumpy when I miss an hour of sleep. We were fortunate to have the same midwife for both our girls. For our first baby we also wanted someone else there ... glad we did because it was a long few days.
My friend Sarah and Matthew were an awesome team. I went into labour at Swiss Chalet on Friday evening and she came Sunday morning at 8:30. I remember the labour being somewhat okay ... it was the pushing that killed me. I had an epidural late Saturday night hoping I could get a couple hours sleep before pushing, but how could I sleep knowing a baby was going to shoot out of me as soon as I reached that dreaded number 10. I had no idea they would keep the epidural on while I pushed ... wish I had known that.
Anyways, at 6:30 am they told me I could push. I have never been so exhausted ... she was big. With some help and intervention with the Dr she finally came out. I remember my midwife saying ... "this baby is older than 40 weeks" ... pretty sure I pushed out a 44 week baby. Probably not, but sometimes I wonder.
There you have it ... from then on she has been ours. All 8lbs 9 oz of her
Tee's story to follow ...




You were such a trooper, Lisa! I was so proud of you. And you sure do make beautiful babies. You still amaze me.
ReplyDeleteAh...the memories. I am tearing up just reading this. Can't believe how fast they grow. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this moment (well hours - but you know what I mean!)
ReplyDelete