We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Along came baby #2

I don't want to forgot about my second little bundle.  Some of you will laugh at the font colours I chose.  It was so important to me to keep things organized that before Tee came along I decide JJ would have stuff in pink and the new baby would be the purple baby ... files, storage bins etc.

3 days before Tee was due my friend and I decided to go to the folk festival and wander around for hours.  This accounts for my awesome "tan" in the photos.  It was a great day that kept me busy.  We even ran into my midwife there!  The next day contractions started around noon.  I pretty much ignored them and even talked to people on the phone hiding the fact that I was in labour.  Didn't want anyone to know because of the worrying that happened with JJ taking so long.  By dinner hour both JJ and I were hiding our faces in the couch crying because we had forgotten sour cream on the grocery list.  I think JJ was a little emotional with Mommy.  It was a big day for everyone!  By the time JJ was tucked into bed and my friend was here contractions were getting very strong.  It was going to be a normal birth!  Misty our midwife came over and we headed to the hospital.

This labour was going so much faster.  In my opinion .. faster means more pain!  I was able to keep it together and even got complimented by the staff on my breathing control.  I got an epidural around midnight.  When I was comfortable and able to "meet" the staff I sent Matthew off to find tums for my heart burn.  I had not idea the "heartburn" was Tee trying to get out.  They said I was ready, but I wanted to wait for Matthew (obviously)  He came back in and was shocked that it was go time.  I must have pushed 3 half hearted pushes and out she came!  A whole pound lighter than her sister, but looking identical.  

We were pretty proud of our "normal" birth until my placenta would not come out.  I tell you ... having a Dr continuousy try to pull it out certainly ruins your first meeting with your baby!  They eventually took me to surgery and removed it.

When we got back we found out that both of us had an infection and had to be hooked up to IVs.  Tee was hooked up for a couple of days and it was a little heart breaking.  She eventually got the go ahead by the Dr and she came home with us all cute and dressed in purple.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you have given each girl their own colours. You are so organized :)

    ReplyDelete