For the Love, Love, Love giveaway you have to write about someone you love. Now before you think ... "I'm not married or I'm single", this is about every kind of love. I want to hear about someone you love and why.
As you may have all guessed, my love is Matthew. Now he is my love for all the obvious reasons ... he's my best friend, he's hot, we're partners in life and I am in love with him. There are also some not so obvious reasons he's my Valentine. Matthew has the same sense of humour as me. Sometimes we lay in bed and crack ridiculous hyperboles without changing our expressions. We also compliment eachother. I keep us organized and keep the drama alive. Matthew fullfills what I can't do and keeps us all on the sane side. When we go out as a family I make sure we have all we need and everyone is ready, but Matthew keeps a smile on our faces and makes sure everyone and everything makes it safely to where we are going. This is where "Ohana" came from. We are a family and nobody gets left behind. This is a beautiful thing to someone who can't do what a normal person can. Matthew is my strength. He has always gone as slow as I need, held my hand, pushed me up a step, done all the housework that I can't. He's a beautiful person.
K, now it's your turn! When you leave a comment about someone you love and why you will be entered into the draw .... and you could be the winner! I will announce the winner on Friday!
The love of my life....Sam.
ReplyDeleteWhen we met, it was at a time in our lives when we were both trying to figure out who we were as young adults. When we dated, we were surrounded by many rooting for us to fail. And had they known the baggage I carried into the relationship due to a tumultous childhood, they would have been right to expect it to fail. But my loving husband stuck by me no matter what. He waited patiently as I tried to work out so many things from my past. He let me cry. He let me be irrational. He hugged me. He provided fun for me.
There is a picture of us while I am pregnant. We are looking at eachother and laughing. I've had a few people tell me that is what they think of when they think of our relationship. We are known as the "silly couple". And I love it. I love that I can have so much fun with my husband.
We have just had probably the worst year this past year so far, and through all the trials, it has actually brought us closer together and brought us closer to God-together. I love that I always know that no matter what happens, no matter how tough it gets, Sam will never say "this is too hard, I didn't sign up for this". He has been my strength this past year when all my strength was gone. He stepped up for me when I couldn't. And he continues to do so on those days that I feel I just can't take another step.
And that's why I love him.
Someone I love is my friend Emily.
ReplyDeleteShe's seriously one of the most amazing girls I know and she's only 9 years old.
I think one of the coolest things about her is how she allows me the gift of seeing the world through her eyes, reminding me to laugh and to take pleasure in the small things in life like playing in the snow, a warm chocolate chip cookie, or laughing at her brothers when they are goofing off.
Emily has taught me more about love by allowing me the privilege of being her adopted aunt and being a part of her life as she grows into a young woman and I'm a better person for knowing her and her family :)