Like most dreams I have, it got me thinking. Living in a town neither Matthew or I grew up in and meeting lots of new people in the past few years ... does anyone really know anything about us? Better yet, do I even remember who I am? Right now I am totally JJ and Tee's Mommy. Those who I've met over the past few years probably know me as a Mommy, a wife, Sunday school teacher, someone who likes to try new crafts and recipes. Perhaps they've picked up some of my warped sense of humour. Did you know that I had a whole life before becoming a wife and Mother?? What!?! I've got to try to remember who that person is. Seems like cooking, cleaning, adorable kid's quotes, shopping for all things baby, girl and cheap have overtaken my brain space. Bare with me as I try to remember Lisa Johnston ... pre Baby.
Here is a list of things you might not know about me ... Lots of people will know these things and if you remember anything I'd love to hear comments. Perhaps you could spark some more memories or interests for me.
- I am a farm girl. I'm the most whimpy farm girl you'll ever meet, but I grew up playing on round bales, riding in the loader of the tractor and jumping up on Saturday morning to "the cows are out!" ... and yes I was afraid of getting dirty through the whole process.
- When I was 2 my Dad decided to go to school in Virginia. We lived there for a couple of years and I developed a Southern Drawl. My baby brother was even born there.
- I was a trumpet player. My older sister and I went to England for 2 weeks with our school band
- A close friend and I decided we wanted to go to Kenya to help in an orphanage. It was a very cool experience, but I have never been so homesick and bugbitten in my life.
- Matthew and I met during my first year of College, but we weren't overly impressed with eachother. He thought I was silly and I thought he was a bit of a geek. We did sing a duet with eachother at a dorm meeting, but it wasn't until years later that Jennifer Hryniw set us up. We dated, got engaged and married all within one year. I guess I didn't know I liked geeks.
- I seem to like kids because most of the jobs I've had have revolved around them. Camp, Extend a family, Children's ministry, nanny ..
- I have a degree in Counselling, but have never had the opportunity to use it. I started my Master's in Counselling, but put that on hault right now.
- I was a rare kid. I was 1 of a handful of kids in Canada to have kidney stones so young.
- I won the same kind of award in grade school, highschool and college ... none of which were for academics.
- I was such an outgoing person before I hit 25. I was like JJ ... except I didn't have the beautiful blond hair ... I had very dark hair. My sister remembers going down the street in Virginia to see how far she could hear me ... it was far.
No comments:
Post a Comment