We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Blue eyes and everything but blue eyes

It's such a toss up when it comes to genetics.  When egg meets sperm ... so many possible combinations.  It amazes me how two people can create another person.  It amazes me how different they can be and how much alike they can be.

I think my girls look nothing alike .... apart from their stunning blue eyes.  Check out these baby blues.
She's near perfect!  Okay, I can see through my rose coloured glasses, but she does have beautiful eyes.  I'm wondering where they came from.  JJ's are similar ...
 I got two very different little girl who somehow both got beautiful blue eyes.  Matthew has "hazzle" eyes.  I think they are green, but they do lean toward blue when he's sick or tired.  Their Mom?  My eyes are even more of a question mark.
 I have every colour, but blue.  One eye is brown with a patch of green and the other eye is green with a patch of brown.  Weird.  

Now, our eyes are different, but then there are other combinations that leave me amazed.  JJ is turning into a mini me.  Our personalities are so much alike.  We get eachother ... but we can also butt heads.  However, she looks so much more like Matthew.  I don't see anything of her in me.

Then there is Tee.  We are so different.  She's so much like her Daddy and it shows in how close the two are.  She may be her Daddy on the inside, but on the outside I see a 2 year old me.  The combinations are awesome.  I'm so curious to see what we'd get if we had another one (this is NOT a public announcement of a third little Dickey bird.)  

With so many possibilities of combinations I just have to believe that God had his hand in it.  He knew us before He made us ... it's pretty cool to be known that well.  We are all so unique.  There is no one out there like you ... honour who that person is because that's who God made you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment