We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Friday, November 4, 2011

There has to be more out there

I have always believed in God.  For a good portion of my childhood I assumed everyone believed in God.  As my world expanded I was introduced to many different world views.  My core beliefs have not changed, but my faith has been altered as I have learned and experienced more.  This past year I have done a lot of thinking and I dare admit that I have asked the question, "what if there isn't a God?".  I mean, come on, there are so many different religions, faiths and even denominations within the same faith.  So many different views on certain topics .. even within the same church!  How could I possibly be the only one who has everything figured out?

Well, here's my big conclusion,

I don't have everything figured out.  I do not know the mind of God.

There are so many things that I could debate about or worry about.  I could argue until I am blue in the face about a certain view point.  That's not really me.  I do have certain things that I truly believe, but if I get to Heaven and find out I'm wrong, I'm not going to argue. What I do believe is that there has to be more out there than what we see.

There has to be more than what we see infront of our faces.  It's so easy to get caught up in daily living and be ignorant to a greater picture.  These few years on earth can't possibly be all there is.  What is the point?  Why are we here?  There have been some people in my life who have lost children over the past year.  Babies inside the womb, an eleven year old, a teen.  What was their existence for if it was just taken away?

There has to be more.  I see the earth or a video on how a child is created.  There has to be something greater than us.  A reason for the gratitude you feel when you look at the stars.  A bigger picture than what we can see from our view point.  Some greater story than the immediate pain we feel on earth.  Something bigger.  Reasons that we can't possibly understand from where we are.

I think we are living here as a flicker of time before eternity.  I believe those mothers will be reunited with their children one day.  I believe there are forces here on earth that we can't always see.  I believe I may have entertained angels and I have felt the force of Satan try to tear my family apart.

I remember after my Papa passed away I was sitting in his car in a parking lot as my mom took care of some of his business.  I can't remember all the details.  I think I was praying.  It was a sad time.  I remember suddenly feeling the car move as though a great weight had rested on it.  It felt as though a bunch of angels had landed on his car ....  I don't know.  I remember looking around kind of weirded out.  You may think I'm nuts, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

I don't want what I see before me to be my only purpose in life.  However long I live for, I don't want this to be it.  Living day by day ... from high to high.  I suppose this is what they call hope.  Hope for something greater and bigger.

What do I know?  I know that God wants me to love him and to love others.  I know He wants me to look past the superficial.  He wants me to enjoy the wonderful gifts on earth, but to think eternally.  To know that He has a greater picture.  He was here before the world began.  Generations of people have come and gone.  That can't be the end.  There has to be more out there.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, this was truly beautiful. Everything you said, and how you said it, was very moving for me to read. Thank you for writing it.

    Brian L.

    ReplyDelete