We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Gung hay fat choy

Happy New Year guys!  Gung hay fat choy!  Sun nien fai lok! Xin nian yu kuai!  Okay, so I totally stole those from the internet.  I can't speak Chinese ... well, I can count from 1-10 and JJ taught me "gung hay fat choy" last year from school, but I'm pretty limited to that.  Anyways, although it's not until next week we thought we better celebrate it on the weekend.  Why are we celebrating it when we clearly aren't Chinese?  JJ and her friend D are very interested in China and other places so we thought we might as well make it a party.

The paper lanterns were easy to make, but getting that string to stay up was another story.  It did fall down before it's time.

Tada! We are Chinese!

We are not Chinese, but he's hot


In their outfits .. they were quite the pair

All our special treats

I.B.trying the chopsticks

Our version of fireworks ... Tee was happy



1 comment:

  1. you never cease to amaze me, lisa! what festivities you come up with! i love it!! your celebration of life and special days!

    yut ye som say oom loke chut butt gow sup!

    ali

    ReplyDelete