We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Creation Station ... homemade gifts

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!  No ... seriously.  Even Matthew wants to put the tree up soon.  Next week is the start of December ... along with this comes the planning, lists and organizing.  For JJ and I, that means crafts!  For Matthew that means some vacation time coming up.  For Tee that means more things she can touch.  Oh blessed little lamb.

We started JJ's teacher's gifts awhile ago.  We wanted to make something to avoid the obvious duplicates. It was so fun!  Of course, fortune cookies are Chinese which is right up JJ's alley these days.  So we started our creation station ....

First, we asked all the students, the principal and a few mom's what they liked about each teacher.  This was easy since I get one on one time with each child out in the hall every week..

Second, we typed up each response and cut them into strips.

Third, we made paper fortune cookies and put one thought in each one ....

The finished product ...







I guess it's sort of a teacher's advent calendar filled with reasons why they are loved.  Every day they can open one and know that they are making such a difference in so many little lives.  Teachers are awesome.  If you are a teacher, thank you!

3 comments:

  1. And you are AWESOME too!!! this is the most fantastic idea ever...melt my heart. i would be totally touched by your thoughtfulness, kindness, creative abilities and planning ahead!! simply amazing...
    Julia has some lucky teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa you are the coolest most creative gift maker. I love the idea. But I am sad to tell you as much as we think fortune cookies are a China thing, I have never had or seen one since living on this side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you make the fortune cookies? such a creative and encouraging thing to do for teachers!!! you are so creative!!

    love,
    ali

    ReplyDelete