We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Creation Station: Through the years

If you're like me, it's hard to picture your little ones all grown up and wearing a graduation cap and gown .... especially when it seems like you just took that picture we all have entitled, "first day of school".  Hard to believe, but one day they will grow up ... okay, I'm not ready to deal with that yet, but I wanted to share an idea with you that we started.

We purchased a book for each of our girls.  Not sure if you've read this, but it's a cute book about growing up and being who God wants you to be.  I'm sure you could do it with any book.


The plan is to have their teachers write encouraging words in it every year and then present it to them as a graduation gift ... not sure which graduation ... we'll see.  It's already fun to read what JJ's JK teacher wrote and I look forward to seeing them each year for both girls.  I think I'll get Tee's "teacher" to sign it this year since she is kind of in "school".  Thought I'd pass this along to my friends who are in their first year or heading into it.  Can you believe I got a call today to set up Tee's registration appointment?  She's still a baby!

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, this is a fantastic idea! How cool will it be for them tol ook back throughout the years and see how far they've come. Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete