We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Well, I'm pretty happy right now.  I've finally got a rainy day.  It's a perfect rainy day too.  JJ is home from school singing and making crafts, it's Friday, the weather is warming up a bit and Tee is out cold curled up like an adorable little baby monkey.  To top it off I keep forgetting that Matthew gets off work 30 mins early on Fridays.

It's the perfect end to an emotional week.  I like these kind of days ... especially when I know Matthew will be with us the next two days.  Since the ice is pretty much melted I decided to take my girls for a little walk.  Now don't laugh, but we went for a walk to look at a fake deer that someone has on their lawn .. it was pretty cool, but I think they were more impressed with a massive snowpile in the center of the court.  We lead a pretty exciting life over here at the Dickey's.

The cool thing about kids is that they like the little things.  I've found that when we try to plan something exciting or big it doesn't always turn out to be great for them ... or us either.  Sometimes the best playdate are the ones where someone just shows up.  Sometimes the best evenings are the ones where we don't do anything and sometimes the best meals are the ones just thrown together.    I think the common factor with any good time is that everyone is content. 

I think that's probably more important than keeping my kids busy and trying to experience everything.  I think we've learned over the past year that we won't be doing a lot of exciting things for awhile.  We have to decline a lot of things because of situations we can't control.  JJ said something this morning that warmed my heart.  She said ... "I like Ohana".  I asked her what it meant and she said, "nobody gets left behind" I'm very happy that she feels that way. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Ohana. Thank you for living it. And I just wanna kiss JJ and have JJ cookies for dessert. She will carry this truth of ohana as a life principle. what a great foundation.

    ReplyDelete