We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Nutritious and Delicious

Who said healthy has to taste bad??!  A friend told me about spaghetti squash and I had to try it.   First I made some homemade skeddie sauce.  I'm not good at following directions so I didn't use a recipe.  It's pretty much blended tomatoes, ground beef, finely chopped veggies (I really like the peppers, asparagus, carrot mix) and onions.  I then added a container of low fat cottage cheese and spices to taste.


We cooked a spaghetti squash in the oven (cut in half) for about 45 mins.  In case you didn't know, spaghetti squash is the actual name ... I didn't know that.  It's the yellow one.  Once it was cooked I scraped it out with a fork and it made tonnes of "noodles".  Poured the sauce over it and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.  Yummy!




I think it would be fun to put the "noodles" back into the yellow squash rind and serve it like it's a bowl.  I think it would be fun and exotic looking! To our next future dinner guests ... this is probably what I'm serving ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment