We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
how i met your father
How I Met Your Father ... episode 1.
Kids, it was the Fall of 1998. Your father and I had just started our first year of college. We didn't know eachother at all. Although I'm sure our paths crossed that warm September day, we were merely strangers finding our way in a sea of boxes and furniture until later, when fate brought us together.
Your Aunt Karen and I were taking part in a co-ed small group meeting. Each person was paired up with a guy. I was paired up with this tall guy who I barely payed attention to. We were forced to sing a song together which was slightly awkard, but kind of fun. At the end of the evening we all went our seperate ways. Although I saw this tall, dark stranger around campus, our paths didn't cross much until the last day of school.
We were all at the zoo for the day and my group of friends spent a better part of the day with this guy and his friends. It seemed that one of the guys had a crush on my friend. All I remember was that this stranger I had sung with was grumpy and not a whole lot of fun to be around. We found out later that he was just bummed that he had to say goodbye to his friends the next day and didn't want to spend the day watching his friend try to pick up a girl who wasn't too interested in him.
That was it kids. That was the year I spent with this guy.
How I Met Your Father ...episode 2
Kids, remember the tall stranger I sang with back in the fall of 1998? Well, 4 years later our paths crossed again. It was the summer of 2002. I was leading a camp with your Aunt Becky and your Aunt Sarah. We worked with the younger camp, but the older camp would often have volunteers come in for trips. This is where I ran into this guy again. We chatted a few times while loading buses, but nothing really ever became of it.
Later that year I was chatting with a good friend. I knew that she had become friends with this guy and I asked about him. I had noticed the summer before that he seemed like he had turned into a good guy. She instantly got ideas in her head. For the next few months she made attempts to set us up. Nothing really happened until one day we started going for walks and talking. We walked and talked for hours. It was during these walks that we learned everything about eachother. Nothing was ever said, until one day he asked me if we officially wanted to do stuff together.
Not too many people knew about our relationship so it was a bit of a surprise, but we do have your Aunt Jennifer to thank for re-introducing us. I didn't want to tell too many people about him and my boss at work quickly referred to him as "he who has no name". It didn't remain a secret much longer. He had won my heart by T.P.ing my car, sending me roses, bringing me chai teas while I was working and coming over just so I wouldn't be bored. By the summer of 2003 we were in love and on Halloween that year, he showed up on my doorstep in a Mountie Uniform and asked me to marry him.
And kids, this is how i met your father.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it! And I vaguely recall pranking his car with you...it's a very faint memory, but it's coming back... Tiff
ReplyDeleteI'm evidentally back tracking through your blog and came across this post. Hilarious! Great job!!
ReplyDelete