Okay, I know I said we shouldn't "one up" eachother. I still stand behind that blog, but my kids say and do the funniest things. I'm sure you feel the same way about your kids.
Why oh why did she HAVE to dump half a box of cheerios on her bedroom carpet? ... But then something like this happens ...
or this ...
Or this ...
Perhaps these moments are God's way of bringing light and perspective into such an awesome task of raising children. He certainly made them cute, funny and adorable. I feel like everyday I burst out laughing at something one of the girls did or said. JJ's comments and perspectives have extreme preciousness. I almost died when she used some of the things she learned in math at school to teach me about male anatomy. I also wanted to laugh my head off when Matthew snuck some french fries into the house when he got home late from work one night. JJ merrily said her good nights and went to bed. Tee on the other hand sat at the kitchen table and patiently waited for what Matthew had hidden really well. Kids are awesome. They can be exhausting and overwhelming, but they delight my heart in a million ways.
So, what do the kids in your life do or say that bring you joy? I'd love to hear you brag a little bit about your little ones.
Loved this post!
ReplyDeleteI always love your funny Julia quotes!! She is truly hilarious and poignant! Judah doesn't say too much yet, but sometime he just says mama and strokes my face and smiles. He doesn't have to say another thing to melt my heart :)
ReplyDelete