We met. We fell in love. We married. We had a baby girl. We had another baby girl. Story short ... this is where we are.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Can't think of a better place to be
At the risk of sounding like a vampire, I have to admit that I love dark, gloomy weather. There is something about it that makes my heart light and makes me want to giggle. Matt says that I should live on the coast near the mountains. When there is rain on the forcast I get giddy .... I love the sense of urgency to get the laundry in or cover things up. I know most people love the sun and heat, but perhaps you can see the beauty in the fantasy I am about to describe.
If I could be anywhere right now ...
Matthew and I live in a large brick bungalow with beautiful bay windows. It has a huge white wrap around veranda with hanging plants and an outdoor chiminea. A huge rain storm is brewing. The wind is picking up and people have been sent home early in anticipation. There is a sense of community as things are closing up and people cover their belongings. The wind starts to get intense and everything turns a different colour. We've done all we can to prepare for the storm so we curl up on the outdoor swing to watch the storm. The kids are playing on the porch and they keep looking up as the rain clouds approach. The storm hits it full force. It's Friday night and we decide to make homemade pizza. We all sit around on the veranda eating pizza and talking. No one is going anywhere and everything is put on hold. The weekend lays ahead so there is no pressure to have everything in order or prepare for the next day. After the kids have been nestled in their beds with the sound of rain hitting their windows, Matthew and I curl up on the porch swing with a blanket and lit candles while we continue to watch the rain fall .... I don't think there is anywhere else I'd rather be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Liso,
ReplyDeleteThanks for sending me the link... I was always sad when you stopped blogging a few years ago, but now I can keep up with your life even form the other side of the world again. I sorry I didn't tell you I was a blogger, I have been doing it for years now, I even have a picture of your daughter on my blog from one of my trips home a few years ago. I miss you. I can't wait to see you when I come home next. I have get into Windsor late on the night of March 31st. See you soon.